Sunday, July 5, 2009

Weddings and Funerals

Someone recently said to me, "Nothing forces families apart like weddings and funerals." I didn't think that was very nice. I have reflected on that since.
We have had a lot of trials lately. We had 2 close friends die that were really close to our hearts. Though they will be sadly missed, I couldn't help feeling victorious and elated, for them. They had full, robust lives. They loved whole heartedly, they served whole heartedly and they embraced their Father In Heaven. I knew they were free from the evils of this world and the pains of these bodies and they were safe in the arms of pure love. Someways, I am jealous.
In the midst of funerals, we had a bout of Chicken Pox that hit 5 kids in the worst heat of the summer. They were troopers however. They even helped me pick and cook 2 1/2 gallons of cherries. They were yummy.
We are in the stormy, flurry of Wedding Plans as well. This doesn't bother me as much as the fact that they are moving immediately across the country. My heart is aching with a force that will just not quit. I keep praying for peace and understanding or even acceptance. I feel comforted at times, but mostly I just feel hurt. Do most people feel this way when they meet with separation of their families that they have dedicated their lives to serving and uniting? I wonder sometimes if I feel things possibly stronger than others? Maybe others just handle it better? Maybe they just make a better show in public? I am tired of weeping, yet the tears won't stop flowing. Maybe it just appears harder because we are getting ready to move and leave behind a home we have fully gutted with our family and re-done to be a great beauty. I could post pictures, but the REAL beauty is in the fleshy parts of my heart. The one year old skating backwards wearing his 7 yr old sister's dress shoes BACKWARDS across a newly polyurethaned bedroom floor and not falling once and carefully hiding the evidence in a closet on another floor and closing the door. We were not pleased, but could not help laughing as we started again. What are we going to do with this child as a teen? That's some pretty heavy duty thinking for not being 2 yet.
The day we stained the trimboards and I told everyone to step WIDE over it, and every person in our house but me has toe prints on the dumb thing.
Building and designing the kitchen to accommodate my Pampered Chef. Designing the bathrooms and laundry rooms. Painting and Staining each other.
Landscaping the star.
I guess we can do it in the next house all over again, minus one.

3 comments:

Filmmer on Location said...

You know, there is an ache in everyone's heart as they prepare to leave home. Sometimes, though it may be hard, you have to roll with the punches. I will be keeping you guys in my prayters.

Sockrma18 said...

Praying for you....can't imagine what will happen in my heart when my oldest leaves for college. Not even ready to start looking at colleges with her and this is the time! The wedding will be beautiful. One great piece of advice I got and hold on to:

"This is a time for you to celebrate as a mother. You have done well raising her to be a good person, an upstanding citizen, a lover of God and a friend to anyone. Rejoice in the fact that all your hard work has paid off and now you get the reward of watching her test her wings and FLY." Easier said than done, I know. But it helps to look at it as a victory....

Love ya sista....

Piepee said...

Hang in there. You've done a good job, now watch as she spreads her wings and flies. The peace will come.