Thought I would get everyone whipped up into a frenzy. Had decided on a design for the business. Hadn't made it the computer but knew it would help if everyone could get excited about it and understand why Mom, Dad and Sir Talks A Lot were working so hard on this. Not having much time I ordered a cake. I hardly ever do that, but I figured what it would save me in time and hassle was worth it. I spent 15 minutes drawing on paper and writing out instructions. Another 10 minutes roaming the store isles looking for a color match. I found it! What could go wrong?
..........
Apparently, a lot.
I asked for a white cake, white frosting. One layer of simplicity.
Frisbie Construction
Building Success in Black Frosting
Building blocks shaped like legos without the tops centered above the writing
in one long box, navy blue
Directly above 2 white smaller boxes
Stacked on the very top, centered would be a burgandy box with accompanying color match. All drawn on.
A border of navy blue on bottom edge of cake, a border of burgandy on the top edge.
I asked if they had any questions and they said no. They had really good instructions..... They said.
I went to pick it up yesterday and was annoyed because my husband had changed his mind at midnight.
He went a whole other direction. Still using my designs, just making it a lot harder. Its ok, though it will look cool.
I walk up to the counter and scan the bakery. One cake stands out. I look around again. O MY GOODNESS. That's my cake..... I started laughing. Sir Talks A Lot asks, Is it? And starts erupting. The lady who took our order says, Is this it? in a scared voice.
Cake Maker nods solemnly.
Order taker says, that's not quite how I envisioned it.
I say, Me either.
Cake Maker looks again at the instructions..... elbowing Sir to pipe down I whisper shhhh....
OH. I am sorry, I thought you meant....
Luckily they didn't charge us extra. Just what I had ordered at first. Luckier still, it wasn't a full sheet cake for the Grand Opening. It was just a preliminary one to fire up the kids and see how smooth a trial run would go. I will never forget this day. Will post pictures later. I can't stop giggling every time I walk by or think about it. Next time, I bring in the Logo and see if they can make a copy of edible frosting. Never thought I would have a cake sacrificing Barney on the Stone Table out of Narnia....
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




3 comments:
Sounds like my luck. Goodness gracious. Glad it all worked out in the end.
Oh! Please DO post pictures!! Pretty please!!
You can't post WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!! Come on!!!
Post a Comment