This is the kind of destruction you too can create in your kitchen with quite a bit of effort. 600 apples! We have made applesauce, apple pies, cobblers and apple cinnamon yogurt. So good. Something so wonderful about working side by side with your kids and creating and watching their satisfaction grow and understanding increase as you teach self reliance and just watch their self esteem grow from working hard and tasting the sweet rewards of their devoted efforts. I love this. I get so tired of schools telling my kids they are wonderful by virtue of them breathing. If they actually delved in who they really are, then they could make an informed decision and KNOW they are wonderful. Words are great, but honest opinion on real effort means so much more. Just my little soapbox for today.
Next up pears and squashes!
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




2 comments:
Yowza! Seriously that a lot of produce.
I loved your comments about teaching children through work. I HATE unsupported flattery. I fully agree with you that their self-esteem and such grow 10 fold when founded upon REAL accomplishment and effort. Amen, sister!
Very well put. So many times children get the fluff compliments. They kind of get addicted and don't work as hard for the true compliments on their character
Post a Comment