Ok, I had to try melt and pour first! Much less scary. You can melt in the microwave in 30-45 second increments stirring until fully melted. When glycerin soap base is fully melted, you add fragrance or essential oil and coloring. I used what I had so I had food dye and it worked! I like jewel tones so I made most dark colors. Interesting thing is if you wash you hands with the dark soap it colors your hands so you see exactly where the soap is. Great for kids! Washes clean!!!
Sweet Pea, Freesia and Tangerine were the favs! Now the next step is to make it totally from scratch! I will post that in a more organized fashion as it is an exacting process that you will not want to be distracted with and no wee ones awake! I got the melt and pour soap base from Hobby Lobby along with soap molds. Give it a try. Bonus is the soap doesn't melt in the soap dish like regular soap you buy. It is much softer on your skin and less skin allergies since you know what is in it.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment