



We got to bed about 2 am and 4 am came REALLY early. We slowly got everyone up and the house became a whirling dervish of activity. We had 8 heads getting their hair done and people showering and trying to eat breakfast and make sure everyone had everything. It was at best a little crazy. We have one at the table and 5 min later couldn't find him. He had snuck back into my room and jumped into bed, losing his clothes in the process. We were running late so we finally leave everyone but 2 dressed. Brad accompanied Nicole in her car and we were following behind. I saw Brad looking out with his head tilted just so and I knew what he was doing. He was giving her life advice and crying. Oh, how I love this man! Nothing softens my heart so much as seeing him do what he does best. Loving our family. Offering advice from a father's perspective. Telling them how much he loves them.
They are so involved with their conversation, Nicole goes the wrong way and it took us a while to get back where we needed to be.
We get to the Temple and pile out and I and Nicole get in our wedding attire for pictures. She handed out bracelets to the girls with lime green flip flops. To remind everyone that there is Faith in every Footstep and to Lead by Example and Follow The Savior. The boys got a tie tack that said Faith in every Footstep and was made in the shape of a foot too. Very sweet.
We took a few pictures and off they went. The Wedding was beautiful! I had never seen one like that before but I loved it. It was all focused on forever and relationships lasting beyond this world. I wish I had known this much at nineteen.
We left the temple after we all hugged, cried and congratulated and Ryan and Nicole walked down the center step and Brad and I left down the right side. We were greeted by kids chasing us and all yelling Puppie is puking.
He had gotten too hot and ended up puking on me and Shane. So my dress is full of water. It was a morning to remember.
We had a lovely luncheon at the hotel with Ryan's family. Puppie perked right back up and was doing just fine again. We raced to Cedar Falls at breakneck speeds trying to finish up the last details.
We got there and this is where the fun began. It started with having to buy painters tape. They only had green and blue and I needed black. Dark green it was.
Being painters tape it kept falling down. 3 -4 times before everyone showed up. The cake was coming. We had offered to go get it, but it was already on it's way. It was well over 90 degrees and HUMID! The cake was made of French Vanilla and HEAVY! Which leads to what happened next.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




1 comments:
You have kept me hanging for a long time!!!! What happened next??? I'm so curious, or maybe just nosy!
Post a Comment