This seems like a post for the end of the year..but we have been going over as a family a lot of the different things we have gone through this last year and recognized how much we have changed, grown, and loved.
When we first all got together, I had a HUGE calender. BIGGER than the lower half of my body. Dr. Appt. were red. Church functions were blue, school green and everything else black. That way I could tell at a glance what, where, how and why. My brain appreciates color. :)
Everything seemed kinda complicated, from gathering family prayer to loading in the van. Dinner doubled everyday, 3 kids in diapers...
We had married, went to court and obtained full custody, we had moved to a farm, got new callings, new school.... the list went on and on.
Fast forward several years. We became comfortable.
Now family prayer seems kinda small. (Everyone is there, just feels smaller) The calender is normal sized, still filled, but half the time in crayon or marker, whatever is close.
Our family moves for the most part as one unit. Only one in diapers now and hopefully not much longer.
Life is moving in a new direction.
I see with new eyes today how much life has changed, we have evolved. Through Family Scripture Study every morning, we have seen Faith increase in Christ. We have seen Prayers become not cookie cutters, but real intonations expressed in love, gratitude and concern over their siblings and parents. I have witnessed the miracle of our family being unified and real love abounding. I am so grateful. I know these things are an orchestrated miracle of my Father in Heaven and His love and concern and watchful care over all of us. I remember so clearly on my knees pleading for deliverance from the life I had not involved my Father in Heaven in. I tried as hard as I could, gave everything I had everyday and felt empty.
Today, I can honestly say, I still have periods of feeling overwhelmed, we are all human, but the difference is when I put my relationship with my Father in Heaven first, it all works. Not in the way I plan, but usually as I really need it. I am so grateful for the blessings He has given me, for the trials that have drawn us closer to Him, that He has never left me. That everyday we are lent the strength to carry on when it seems hopeless but developing the faith to persist. The difference is two not unequally yoked. The difference is doing it together and humbly kneeling together and listening after prayer. Trying and being obedient. We are not perfect. FAR from it. But we keep going, we repent, we ask for forgiveness, and make it right as possible, then start over.
This life isn't easy. It's not meant to be. It is to be a period of growth and to become and learn and grow in all things that He planned. We just get to discover what it is. I love and am sad at times that I can't anticipate things my life anymore. I am learning to let go and let God. I am learning to let people go in my life that can't help acting up. Still try to be a good example or support and lift. But I am finding they don't have as much of a pull to yank me down. I think it's because I REALLY am beginning to TRUST Him. Knowing that it will all be turned for my benefit as long as I don't lose focus and allow Him to teach me and my family.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




1 comments:
You are such a good example to me. Thank you for learning so much and sharing.
Post a Comment