Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Answering the QUESTION!





Wow, didn't realize so many would be interested....
Ok, so everybody wants to know my SECRET. Here it is.... HARDWORK and watching what I eat. I work out EVERYDAY but Sunday. I work out NO less than 1 hour a day, drink almost a gallon of water and make sure I EAT enough to support the calories worked off. I pay attention to calories and nutrition and decide what works best for MY body. I do a lot of cardio and strength training. Strength training 3 days a week. Cardio everyday. I carry weights while I walk and lift my kids weights as I allow them to talk to me while I walk and LISTEN. It has drastically improved our relationships as we are moving while we talk so no one is under pressure by being stared at. I change the exercises EVERYDAY. It's all a new adventure everyday, and LOTS of music, changing it all the time because I get burned out quick.
I have been doing the Wellness Challenges with my little sister and that has helped me stay on track. If you know other people are counting on what you are doing, you are more likely to keep at it.
I still have a LONG way to go, but I am systematically moving forward. Feeling better all the time and if it doesn't solve my health problems, it certainly isn't going to hurt..... So, cheer us on as I gather friends and family to start the NEW SUMMER CHALLENGE and we take control of our lives and THINK of our decisions and how they effect our families and posterity and bless the health of those all around us.

So, I invite you to join us on our quest for Wellness and whether you become a paying member, know you have ALL our support and I will be trying to win the challenge. :) Here are the rules and contact info for Dianne. Last Day!

A Quick Peek at the Summer Wellness Challenge Rules
Daily Points
5 fruits/veggies: 3 pts OR 4 pts if 3+ are veggies
No eating after 9pm: 2 pts
48 oz water: 2 pts
No sweets: 5 pts
Or if you eat 1 treat, you get 2 pts **ONE FREE treat per week
Exercise: 30 min= 5pts OR 45+ min= 7pts
Contact with team member: 1 pt

Weekly Points
Pounds Lost: 10 pts per pound
Maintain: 5 pts
Gain pound: 0 per pound BUTT, can’t report any pts until back to your maintain weight.

Monthly Points
Inches lost/month: 5 pts per ½ inch around the waist and the hips
(Measure on weeks 4, 8 and 12)

Runs from April 19th through July 12th
Report by 10 PM on Monday via Summer Wellness Challenge (private blog created for this competition)

Standard list of what constitutes a treat:

* Cookies, cake, brownies, chocolate, candy, ice cream/frozen yogurt, Doughnuts, etc
* Whole fruit Popsicles don’t count as a treat.


You are allowed 1 free treat per week that won't count against your points. Anything more than 1 per week will count against you. Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc. will count as your free treat.

At the end of the 12 weeks, I will award prizes for the Highest Individual Point Total, Highest Percentage Weight Lost, and Most Inches Lost. Then the team with the most points gets to split the rest of money. But of course, everyone wins with a new body! ;0)

We will be doing a flat fee of $30 (non-refundable) for all 12 weeks. You must send the money in advance in order to participate. Please do not sign up if you have medical issues that might prevent you from completing all 12 weeks. (Unforeseen issues are of course understandable.)

I will be finalizing teams the week of April 12th and you MUST have your payment postmarked by April 7th to secure a spot in the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS
CONTACT ME
Dianne Nichols
nicholsflyer@yahoo.com

3 comments:

Piepee said...

Great Job!!!! You look fantastic. Hope your on my team

Dianne said...

It's funny how everyone thinks there's this BIG secret to weight loss. It's a matter of making health a priority and sticking to it. Simple, NOT easy. :) I'm very proud of you, as always.

Sockrma18 said...

I am soooo proud of you! 50# WOW! Your before and after pictures are amazing. Keep it up SISTA!!! I've resorted to getting out of bed at 5 a.m. to get to the gym by 5:30....otherwise I'm too busy (and tired) at night to get it done. 55 days til race day for me....I have my legs and my wind back, but mentally I keep talking myself out of it. I CAN DO IT. I KNOW I CAN. When you are ready to do that that half marathon, I'LL GO WITH!!! LET'S DO IT! :0)