This is a Family Favorite
Boil as many eggs as you want to dye.
Cool.
Prepare your white sauce. (I usually times by 12)
1 tbsp. margarine
1 tbsp. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
Dash Pepper
3/4 cup of milk
In a small pan melt margarine. Stir in flour,salt,and pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Makes 3/4 cup. (12 1tbsp. servings)
After eggs are dyed and hid and found again, we peel the eggs and chop up the egg whites into chunks. Add these to your white sauce. Crumble the boiled yolks into a separate bowl. Toast wheat bread and cover with your chunky white sauce. Sprinkle with as much or as little egg yolk as you prefer.
This is actually really good and our kids LOVE it. Everyone we have ever served it to has loved it as well. That's why we make so much at a time. I KNOW we won't ever have leftovers.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




3 comments:
Delicious! One of my favorites...
We call this creamed eggs but I chop the entire hard boiled egg and add to white sauce. Yummy!!
Well I was going to have that for Easter but the egg bake seemed easier for brunch with conferences.
Post a Comment