In the private sanctuary of one's own conscience lies that spirit, that determination to cast off the old person and to measure up to the stature of true potential. Thomas S. Monson
To add to this, it is my desire to not only stand up to my true potential, but to not allow others to bring me down or short change my feelings of self-worth. If I know I am accepted of my Father In Heaven and I know that my works and intentions are good, I will not allow others to dissuade me of it. I know my own heart and I know my Heavenly Father knows my heart and I will go forward with faith and accomplish what I have set out for myself, which is to have a family that is loving and not perfect, but growing and always evolving.
I am grateful to have the family that I have and I am grateful that when life hands us lemons for our own personal growth and when I get on my knees, I can see my Heavenly Father's plan more clearly and know that none of it is in vain. I know I can learn everything I can from every situation and when life drives me to my knees I can be ever more grateful that my relationship with my Father In Heaven is strengthened and that even if the rest of the world doesn't understand me, He does and I can pour out my troubles and misunderstandings and be blessed.
I know that when we are judged harshly and put down, Christ lifts us up. He truly is our Rock and our Redeemer and if others can't see us grow, change and evolve then it is to their own detriment.
I have been reading this book to try to understand people better and even though at times it is really painful to read others experiences, it is heartening to see them become victorious in overcoming obstacles and know that victory is firmly in my grasp as well.
Things are really busy now and even though I have TONS of things to blog, I probably won't have much time for it, but I am really excited for the changes in my life that are coming and for the blessings that are extended towards me. Maybe I will have my kids blog for me. ; ) I can't wait until we are home together again and under one roof. We miss everybody together.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment