Just to clue everyone in and to slow the questions to my husband, "Is your wife mad at me? Is she avoiding me?" No, is the answer to all. I didn't really want to tell anyone but I could use some prayers.
For about a month I have been really sick with a gastrointestinal something or other. They have run test after test and still not positive. We are waiting for three more labs to narrow it down. They will take up to two weeks to get back. I am exhausted. I usually can run and do everything but I am finding it hard to do anything right now. I could sleep 16-18 hours if allowed to. I force myself to get up though. My abdomen is swollen and not from baby. I feel like my insides have been turned inside out several times. I get headaches and fevers accompanied with sweating and then I freeze to death and wrap up in three comforters. Hello! I am pregnant and it is August. I should be shoving everyone out of the way of the air conditioning. I called the Dr. several times, but one nurse didn't relay the messages because I guess she thinks I am stupid and it isn't important. My Dr. wasn't very happy when I actually spoke to her. She wanted me to have called 2 weeks before. When I told her I had been calling, she was not happy. Anyway, the crux of it is this, there is nothing I can do about it. I can take any of the medications for it because the antibiotics are so strong, they can't be safely administered for 16 weeks. Anytime before that and it takes out our baby. After that, it gives a one in 5 chance of stillbirth. That was really scary to me. So, I asked for a blessing last night, and it told me that my faith and the faith of my family and friends combined would be enough to get me through this. That my baby is fine and will continue to grow. We don't know if I contracted this from not fully cooked eggs, the farmer's market, or if the well has been compromised from all the flooding this year. So, we are drinking bottled water until all tests come back. Everyone else feels a little queasy stomach and tired betimes, but otherwise seem fine. The Dr. says that is what would be happening to me if not pregnant, but since I am, it really is hitting hard. The hope is that we can shock the well and all will be fine or change the carbon filter, but we can't really do anything until we know exactly what we are dealing with. So much for not puking this time around huh? I think I would rather be the puking queen. That was easier to deal with. I knew there was something wrong, I just couldn't get past the nurse. Oh well, I will try not to bore you all with the details but enough to help me get the prayers that I need. So there it is, Puppie broke my phone and my replacement phone isn't working either so, don't get mad if you can't get a hold of me that way either. It should work again soon. Wish me luck! I'm going back to bed.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




4 comments:
that stinks your not feeling well. hope you feel better soon. i know it is frusterating when you feel like doctors arent really listening. i have been down that road quiet a few times.
You are in our prayers! Hope you feel better soon!
We're praying for you!
You're definitely in our prayers. I'm sorry you are feeling so yucky. Get some rest and let others help when they offer. Make sure Brad knows that too!!! Love you much!!
Post a Comment