Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5 most inspiring people

This is a difficult one for me. My five most influential or inspiring people would be, today, because things change rapidly in my world.
1) My Lord and Savior. He has literally done everything for me and is such a vital, daily, powerful force for good and change in my life and I rely on Him through everything. Through my darkest days of miscarriages and divorce. To my most exultant days of marriage and births. Through trials of raising 5 teens at once, with 4 under 9 still or losing my Grandma. Every move, every disappointment and every triumph. He is truly the one who has never given up on me, nor left me. He just encourages me and tells me when I mess up, but leads me back anyway, no matter how many times I stumble, struggle, falter, leap and grow. I am amazed everyday at His capacity to love, forgive, and renew.
2) My husband, Brad, the father of my children, the love of my life. He who gets the very best and unfortunately, the very worst of me. Still he loves me and allows us to grow and listens to me even when he doesn't like what is said. He allows me to tackle anything I wish and encourages me to always try and not be afraid of failure. He has literally held me with my guts hanging out emotionally and physically and still loves me. He never gives up, strives hard everyday to learn more and does whatever he can to make sure we are all provided for. Even if that means weeks without sleep. He is truly a man that cannot be easily found anymore. I am so glad he was directed to me.
3) My Grandma Forsyth. She is the mother I model after as much as I remember. She taught me so much before she left this earth and made an indelible mark on my soul. She loved with her whole heart. She didn't use her lack of height as a hindrance. She creatively worked out solutions no matter her meager circumstances. She worked and worked her whole life to make a home and to root out the things she found bad. She always listened to me and let me grow and laughed and laughed at my jokes. She found me funnier than anyone else ever has. Even Brad. I used to rub her feet every night with Jergen's Cherry Almond Lotion (Still love that smell.) while she watched Johnny Carson and I would tell her my thoughts of the day and she would listen to me, not him, and laugh and roar and tell me to tell Grandpa and then she would laugh again. I only hope I can pass her love and ideas for raising kids on to my kids.
4) My Family Doctor. She recognized things in me intuitively that I have always known, but never been able to put into words and helped me learn to teach my family in the way that we learn. She is amazing. I don't feel so odd and different anymore.
5) The boy who broke my heart and pushed me down and made me feel worthless. For as I have sat and knelt at the feet of my Savior, I have recognized that everyone elses views do not matter. As long as He is pleased, I will be alright. So though I wouldn't recommend the boy's tactics ever, I see how I am begining to care very little what he thinks anymore which is a really good gauge to my personal growth. I never would have learned as much empathy for other's had I never understood emotional abuse and devastating effects it has on other's.

1 comments:

Sockrma18 said...

You, my friend, are awesome. I'm glad you are "getting over" #5. He is so not worth it. I'm glad you have Brad. Nothing like a REAL man to make you feel loved. And #1? Yeah. It doesn't get any better than that.

You da bomb, girlfriend, and I LOVE YA!!!!!