Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Easter Colors















Yes, we boiled a lot of eggs. We colored a lot of eggs, and just like every year we hid them AND we had Eggs Golden Rod. Yum. It amazes me every year how they can all be so creative and make them all so different. It also amazes me the quiet reflection as we begin with a prayer and Easter Hymns. It is still fun, but there is an incredible difference when you invite the Spirit too.

That Easter Morn a grave that burst
Proclaimed to man that "Last and First"
Had risen again and conquered pain.

This morn renews for us that day
When Jesus cast the bonds away,
Took living breath and conquered death.

Thus we in gratitude recall And give our love
And pledge our all, shed grateful tear, and conquered fear.

I was a little tired at the end. Puppie was a little hungry. He ate 3 eggs. I napped until they got cleaned up and then we hid and reclaimed our eggs, just like we will someday our bodies and become something new. Not dinner though. : ) Don't you like how Gherkin bent down and let Frosty kneel on her back so he could finish his eggs? Man, I love these kids. They save me $$$ too. Since Frosty and Puppie refuse to wear pants lately, I do not have to buy many pants or patch any knees. I do wonder when they are going to start caring. Hopefully soon. Did you like the Twilight reference where Plan B is pretending to be a vampire?

1 comments:

Dianne said...

You have great kids! That looks like so much fun. Oh and Gherkin is the best step stool ever!! What a sweet sister.