Saturday, February 16, 2008

These are portions of our house

To remove guilt I am throwing a bone to those who keep requesting pictures of our house and major changes made. I will take better pictures later, I just forget when it would be appropriate. I will try to do better but it at least gives you a small idea. More trim and everything is on now. Floors are all stained red mahogany. Someday it will all be finished. It is true though, if you really want to see if you are celestial material, move your family into a construction zone and try not to let it disrupt their lives much. See how it changes everything. You would be amazed. Being the gushy sap that I am, it makes me cry sometimes walking around the house at night seeing the house afresh with the lights off and quiet because everyone is sleeping in their beds and seeing their handiwork and my husbands incredible restraint as he does things sometimes 2 and 3 times because little feet went skating across his polyurethane and he had to start over again. Someday he will admit how funny that was seeing little feet walking backwards and then doing the splits but not falling. Oh, what I wouldn't give to have seen those eyeballs! Oh crap! I'm in trouble now! We only saw the footprints though. What an adventure this old house has been!

0 comments: