Playing Tag


Billy has been kind enough to award me with not one, but two awards.
The Love Friendships Award states: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
As for the Honest Scrap award: A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it honest (hence, the award 'Honest Scrap'), even if you have to dig deep! B) Pass the award on to 8 bloggers that you feel embody the role of the Honest Scrap. (This is an award only to display on your blog that everything you write on it is in truth, sincerity, and integrity.)*
1. I sometimes feel like a failure when I look in my kids eyes and I want to fix their pains and know that I can only subdue it for a time. Some pains run so deep, that I am not sure they can even be healed in this life time. I am grateful I can subdue.
2. My biggest heartache in life is when people realize I didn't give physical birth to 3 of my kids, they ask, "But who is their REAL Mom?" grumble, grumble.
3. I analyze dreams, but am not a spiritualist or anything weird. I just help my family face what they can't accept yet.
4. I love to have parties. I love to cook for others, and provide them a place to have fun and relax. I don't even care if I participate. In truth, I would probably rather not. I just love envisioning their smiles, laughter and hearing their stories.
5. People watching is my favorite activity. Have you ever noticed them? They appear so angry or bored most of the time. It amuses me to try to lighten their countenances. Usually causes me to laugh out loud when I see my husband do so.
6. I hardly ever go to the store alone. I am usually accompanied by 3-9 kids. So when we grab a cart and filter down the isles and meander about we get the longest stares and whispers.
"Do you have a daycare? Are they all yours? (No I picked them all up at the arcade on the way in and wanted to test them out before I purchase.)
You must really have your hands full. ( Why aren't they behaving appropriately? Did I miss something?)
Have you ever lost one? ( Well, no. One stayed outside on their own one time for a few minutes, but never lost one. Did you?)
7. I buy most of my groceries in bulk. We have an Amish Community close to us and every few weeks I purchase 100 lbs. flour at a time, spices in bulk, sugar by the bale and so forth. I even purchase lye to make homemade soaps. So one of the Amish women were looking at me and reviewing my purchases, then looked up and down at my mode of dress, (I live in jeans), and says softly, "You really make things!" I chuckled over that. Few steps forward as I wait in line and had grabbed 50 lbs of potatoes and carrots to supplement whatever I would be making, (They were $12.00!!) Another women, not Amish leans in and says, "What do you cook with all of that?" "Dinner. I have 10 kids and a husband who works construction." I thought she was going to faint. Then she surprised me by saying, "Do you have a blog? I have to see this! Can you teach me to cook?" I gave her my blog. I think she thought I was lying.
8. My husband literally says a very friendly "Hi! How are you?" to everyone he sees. He means it too. I love seeing people who never get paid attention to, look up quickly and see if he is really speaking to them, and then pride wash over them, and they straighten up and answer resolutely and I really believe that he changes the course of their month. I have tried to do that myself, but if I say it to a man, it goes badly, always. They always think it is a come on. Makes my husband laugh hysterically.
9. I made a guy once run into a row of canned goods and knock them all down and his wife slapped him on the back of the head. All I said was "Hello! How are you?" My husband was a few paces behind me entertaining kids and he had turned to watch me round the corner, beside his wife and knocked the whole section out. I thought I might have to take Brad to the ER, he was so red and could not stop laughing and kept repeating himself, "I wanna be in that car ride home!" My kids found it really funny too. I kinda wish I could've seen it, I was totally oblivious looking for picnic foods. The noise, was loud. She smacked him hard!
10. I am full of contradictions.
I love to entertain but hate being in the spotlight.
I love being a Mom to so many kids, but I also wish I could fall asleep without pounding feet above my head for 30-45 min.
I love to be outside walking and playing at the park, but I am really a homebody.
I look forward to my kids growing up and becoming independent but I dread the emptiness that they house will have. (They better live close!)
I love to do hair and make up but if I am not leaving the house, hardly bother anymore.
I write poetry to explain my feelings and thoughts to others but very rarely do I share them.
I am brave and outspoken but I am shy and quiet
I blog almost everything but I am private and value confidences
1. Nichols Nut House
2. Krista
3. Come What May and Love it!
4. ShaRee
5. Mom of 5 Gents
6. Wscraps
7. Caley Family
8. Glaspie




1 comments:
I love you right back, sista girl! You so shoulda been my BFF in high school. :)
Here's to finding a true friend when it really counts!
Post a Comment