Monday, October 26, 2009

I think we are almost out of the woods.

We have had the super flu, virus, cold, whatever wrapped up all in one and have been muddling through for the past few weeks. Every kid had it but one. We have had fevers up to 104.6. Kinda scary when you lay cool washcloths on a kid and they DRY them. But there is also something about holding a feverish or vomiting child and they are pleading with you with their eyes as you are pleading in your heart and knowing both prayers were answered. There is also something magical about a parents bed that makes kids feel better. Maybe because they just left all their germs for you? No, I just know when the tough get brought to their knees they always end up in my bed. Some how it makes it all better. Isn't it funny how all of life's problems big or small as children grow up tend to get solved bedside or table side? I think the last kid will return to school Tuesday. It will be strange going back to only two again.

1 comments:

Cyndie said...

I am so glad everyone is better. Hopefully they all stay that way! Everyone in my ward is getting swine flu (I heard about 2 more families just tonight!) and since I am in utah that means my 4 block neighborhood. I have to admit I'm a little freaked out even going out my front door.