Mem-ries... light the corner of my mind.. .(Can you hear Tom Hanks singing this from BIG in your head?)
So I found this on Dexter's Girl blog and thought it looked pretty fun! Humor me okay?! I'm curious if you remember things that I don't--or if you remember me at all... haha.Here are the directions:
1. As a comment on this post, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments. Just let me know which you prefer.




10 comments:
How cute was your post on mine! I have never heard that story! I think my most vivid memory of you was when I went over to your house in C.F. (you were with Darren) and you made me monkey bread. You had raccoon pictures and kick-naks all over. You were so cool to me, a friend, like an older sister.
I also remember you from youth. You were that outgoing "cool" girl with the great smile and amazing laugh. You've always seen the best in people, and I still love that about you.
I remember when I first met you and a couple of your kids at our reception in Dubuque. You were telling Bart how cool it was that your boy wanted to be a missionary like he was someday. I was just impressed with your enthusiasm and your happy smile. You seem like you always find the good in people and in life and that is very respectable.
Also... I didn't know you yet, but when Bart was in the MTC with me he guessed my name and I was shocked. It was because of you. You are the first and only other Lorianne I have met:)
Kind of random, but walking in to your house on Ridgeway and being totally impressed at your amazing space saving move of the corner fireplace thing... (Maybe this is more of a Brad memory) thinking you were home with all the kids alone when that snowstorm came through and trying to drive out to your house in our little Focus to dig you out, getting stuck in the drifts, finally getting to your house--and there's Brad hahahaa.... that was funny. Didn't he end up digging US out?
My earliest memory of you was swimming in a little pool at our trailer. You would sing, "Abra Cadabra, I'm going to reach out and grab ya!" Then you would tickle us! Such a fun aunt!
I have SO many memories of you, being sisters and all, but this one makes me laugh. Do you remember when you had to drive Ivan and Me to swimming lessons in the rusty old jeep that barely had a floor? And that day that a lawn began smoldering because of us? Was it a match that was thrown? I don't remember. I also remember we would rush home from swimming lessons so we could watch M*A*S*H. And us checking out the "Motorcyle Guys". Me sneaking your much cuter clothes and you getting mad. Sledding, so many many memories.
The smoldering lawn. That was assuredly IVAN! Oh, the stories we could tell from that one week alone! That was so fun! I miss the three of us. We did have fun. Remember Princess? Lifetime of stories. And the Campbell Boys?
I remember talking to you visting teaching and you always had looked on the bright side of things. And talked about how your hubby would sing silly songs to the kids and stuff.
I will always remember you and Brad in primary with me. You were so supportive. Also I remember all your kids at baptisms. You all love each other so much and I feel that when I am around you.
Where do I begin, I have so many memories of you. I wish you lived closer again. I remember you scamming me out of tip money, because if I was sleeping I'd say yes to anything to make you go away! Just the 2 of us driving in my Monte Carlo. You hiding on the satircase so a certain someone wouldn't know you were in my house. Or getting your caravan back from Dysrt. Darren never believed we could do it. He just didn't realize the determination of 2 Terry girls. Or picking out our attire for your wedding. The most mundane things became a blast when we were together.
Post a Comment