Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This Old House

These are old pictures taken of our house. These people stopped by our home and I thought they were stopping to look at our neighbors home as it is for sale. Alas, no, they were headed to our home. The older gentleman was 5 years old when he used to stay in this house when it was uptown, his Grandparents owned it and he had pictures of his family and changes the home had gone through over the years. He took some more pictures to chronicle the transformation. He was able to tell us different places where staircases were located and everything. It was an amazing day! He also shared his family history with us that I think probably ties into mine!!! Isn't that crazy? We found a picture of his mother and a flour scoop and newspaper articles hidden in the walls during renovations. My little house of horrors is turning into quite the puzzle as we try to connect the dots between the past and present.

3 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

Too cool.. I absolutely love old houses! Especially because they have so much history. How fortunate to have that man as a resource. I hope to see your house someday!

Christi said...

That is SWEEEET! You should apply for that show "If Walls Could Talk". I am sure they would love to chat with you.

The Hanselmann Family said...

That is so cool! I wish I knew more about my house.