Friday, April 4, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Ok, Frosty was talking to Mommy and Princess and tell us how much he loved horses. He told us when he grows up he wants to be a Cowboy. I said, "You are a cowboy." "And I want to be a Mommy." He insists. I say, "You can't be a Mommy, you're a boy, you get to be a Daddy." He starts whining and saying over and over he just doesn't want to be a Daddy. "Why?" is my obvious question. Earnestly, he replies, "Daddy's have hair on their backs and bald spots. I want to be a Mommy." Now, it all makes sense. You can avoid a hairy back by being a Mommy. Hmmmm. Doesn't it make you wonder how they process everything else? Certain things that you teach in FHE or through the natural course of the day, can come back DRASTICALLY different when you probe with a few questions. I love how they think so innocently and simply. Princess and I laughed so hard.

2 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

Too funny. I can't wait to hear the things that will come out of Malia's mouth. Kids are a great comic relief!

Lolo said...

That is so cute! I love your family picture up top. You have a beautiful family.