Saturday, April 12, 2008

Storms

We had lots of storms, and our basement flooded. We are getting it cleaned up. Oh, the joys of home ownership. Long gone are the days of call the landlord. They have to fix this. It's pretty cool yet, we are getting new skills and working together and we are actually enjoying it. We had a tornado warning the other night and got to spend close time as a family, and bonus round was we got to see how to improve our safety set up. I was really proud of our kids though. Only a couple panicked. They did really really for the most part, moved quickly and got to where they needed to be pretty fast. It was a really good practice run. Hopefully we will never really need out packs, but we noticed we were a lot calmer since we are prepared and it alleviated a lot of the kids fears about inclement weather going through the motions. It was still scary since I know it was there and watched what it did right around us. Tis the season for living in Iowa. So a reminder, have your packs ready, weather can turn on a dime! Keep a weather radio and have a wonderful spring and summer but pay attention to your surroundings.

3 comments:

Krista said...

So you all hunkered down in a leaky basement? Sounds like us too.

I love the Top picture on your blog. What an awesome family!!!

Frisbies Forever said...

Yep. It was fun though.
Thanks, I like them.

La Familia Mata said...

I'm glad you guys are safe. I must say, I don't miss Iowas tornados! Although the only tornado I have ever actually been "in" was in Utah! Go figure!