Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Just For You

These are the websites I have found extremely helpful in being able to stay a stay at home Mom and learning as much as I can. They are all free and have great recipes, ideas, tutorials and the like. Enjoy and let me know what you think of them. These are my most favorites.

www.hillbillyhousewife.com This is down home, no frills cooking. Most of the recipes are really good! Check out the Magic Milkshakes. Don't be afraid to try them because of no ice cream. Everyone LOVES them until you let them see how they are made. It is like a frosty. So good. Do not try to make low fat or you will get sick though. Just gross!

www.thepioneerwoman.com Cowboy food and Chick Food and an explosion of really good stuff. Homeschooling, Photography, and Gardening. She is HILARIOUS! Has lots of freebies and giveaways.

www.shareiowa.com this where you can go to find out if you can participate in this or not from your area, any questions, call the 800#. You volunteer 2 hours a month and you can save about 50% on groceries. I just got a bunch of ribeye steaks at 6 8oz. steaks for $13.00. That is pretty good! Once a month and you can order as much as you can store.

www.funwithfoodstorage.net TONS of ideas on how, what and why to store long term and how to organize it all. It is not dry and boring material, it is fun, energetic and pretty cool. It is three sites in one and lots of good advice for buying in bulk and saving money over the long haul. So many things I can't even begin to list them all here.

www.bakerella.com Anything you EVER wanted to know about cake pops and such. Really fun site. You can't always be practical....

www.frugalfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com I haven't been all over this site yet, as I just found it, but this Mom seems really great and has lots of tips and ideas too.

Now for organizational issues I haven't been through these two sites a lot, but have briefly overviewed and have been given rave reviews by others.
www.organizedhome.com
and
www.flylady.net This one looks a lot more fun.

I feel like I have blessed by the knowledge I have gleaned from these and am hoping others can too. I lost my really good ketchup recipe that I tweaked and am sad because I can't remember what I did! I will post some more later, but on to the regular broadcasting. Do I sound like an infomercial? At least you know I am not affiliated in anyway to these and just sharing because I want to. : ) Happy Homemaking!

0 comments: