Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Major Life Changes Coming

Ok, so to catch you up and I hope you can really understand the joy that cometh in the morning for me. It will not be easy, but everything worthwhile, never is.

So I started making breakfast and still praying in my heart and making scrambled eggs for my family. Silent tears coursing down my cheeks at the stupidity of it all and the frustration at feeling like my hands were tied. I had previously contacted the awesome resource of the Belin-Blank Center and they whole heartedly agreed that my kids should be tested. Unfortunately, it costs $1000.00 per kid. Times that by 7 kids that need to be tested today. Not going to happen. I don't begrudge them about this, they offered to do payment plans, but I have no desire to put myself in more debt at this point. They have an excellent program and opportunities, but I am shut out of this. It is ok, just frustrating. I talk to my ex and he in front of me says he agrees with me, but get in front of the school and all the sudden he thinks I am reaching and blah, blah, blah. After we leave the school doors, he tells me he is in agreement with me, however they aren't going to do anything. I am immediately livid as he just made me look like he thought I was more than a little crazy in there. My husband came and stood up and agreed with me. Trust me, if he wouldn't have agreed, he wouldn't have been there or he would've spoke his peace and waited for me to speak mine. Saturday morning however, as these scenes flipped over and over in my head and I kept thinking I should've said this, I should've done that instead of.....it really would not have made a difference though. They had their mind set before I ever got there. I only had a couple kids with me and they had no idea what was pushing this inner turmoil and I was trying not to make them crazy too. Brad was sick and was blissfully unaware that his wife was getting ready to just explode. I thought if I blogged about it I would be able to table it and revisit at a better time. No such luck. As I prayed, I petitioned Him to know what to do, ok in all honesty, demanded. I am not sure why He answers sometimes when I am such a ill mannered child, but at least He understands me and I was told to call my Dr. Huh? Ok, I will do that, never been steered wrong before. So I call her up, and I ask her, Can I yell to you? Not at you. Just to you? She laughs and readily agrees. I relate the whole story. She listens and says you would not believe how many people I have talked to recently with the same sentiments. We are going to rethink this and do something about it. Can you organize and make a website is I get people to you? Can you light a fire under their butts in small groups if I gather them all together? I can do public speaking for 500 people. You don't have to do that, I can't do the rest, you can. We will forge a coalition of parents and resources. We are not the only parents frustrated by this. I am the family Dr. for half the town. I can get 500 people to the Library. I can tell them and outline what needs to be done. Anyone who has a child who falls into the bracket of the 95% of any one area in the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills their parents need to be contacted and they can have the opportunity to join us and have a resource to first of all understand and help offer solutions. There are definate challenges to raising kids like this, we can work together and support each other and help by saying what has helped and what has failed that all may be benefitted. I caught onto the idea immediately and my mind was flooded with resources available to us via the internet so it is cost effective to anyone and how to support every income bracket or those who homeschool or not. We are going to petition to have a button or link from the school website to let others know about it. If not allowed, we will bypass the school altogether and do a community action program and let everyone knw about via the Drs. office, Churches, Community Boards and possibly even Door to Door. Not to be annoying, just to let people know and drop off information that all kids can be allowed to grow, even if incomes limit. I have been consumed by a massive energy sweep about this and am feeling that this is so right. We already have 200 parents interested. We are preparing emails and addresses and forming a newsletter to send out and get the resources that we already know about and wait for others to offer up their ideas. This is going to be great. I told my ex and he told me I can't do this, but you know what? That is why he is an ex and why I have grown by leaps and bounds since I left him. He has been wrong before and if he doesn't want to help, it's ok. I know who is guiding me and opening up the way. If not I would be scared to death and quaking in my shoes, I am not, I am energized, I am organized and I am ready to serve. It kinda goes along with my new calling too. I have been called to organize people to be prepared and to gather themselves and their families. I have begun and have some ideas on how to get everyone ready. It is actually a pretty easy process, you just have to start. This is not the same world it was 1 year ago. We have to protect and fortify our families. We have to learn to be as resilient as our forebearers. It is how the Lord prepares His people. We have a lot of things happening in our world that I know He is not well pleased with. How long do you think He will stay His hand? We have to prepare ourselves in all ways, spiritual, educationally, emotionally, lay asiding excess, preparing ourselves every needful thing that we can stand in holy places and be not moved no matter what happens about us. I am not saying it is the end of the world, I am not predicting gloom and doom. I am however saying if you ever think that something bad could never happen to you or your community take a step back and look at what happened across the US in the last couple years, especially last year and tell me it wouldn't be prudent to gather some things so that you never have to look at your kids or yourself and not be able to fix a wound, fill a tummy or calm a fear. If you are prepared, you shall not fear. I honestly believe this, doesn't mean you won't be affected, but you will know what to do. And if you want, I can teach you! Watch out, I am a woman on a mission and I know what lies before me. tee hee hee BTW, prayers would be appreciated, this a bit daunting of a task. ; )

4 comments:

Sockrma18 said...

WOW.....YOU GO GIRL. Prayers, big ones, coming your way! Never mess with a momma on a mission! Your children are so lucky to have you as their momma!

And yes....TEACH me. To be prepared. I don't want to plug my ears and pretend the world is a safe wonderful place anymore. I want to be prepared.

You have inspired me today, lady.

Again.....YOU GO GIRL.

Billy Coffey said...

I think it was Churchill who said that all it took for evil to triumph was for good people to do nothing.

Glad you're doing something.

Prayers for you.

Dianne said...

That's my sister!!! I'm so proud!!;)

Piepee said...

Good luck on your latest adventure. You always amaze me with what you can accomplish