I just want to get this off my chest. I am so frustrated!!! I have spent numerous hours at the school and had a meeting yesterday with about 16 other educators in what can be done with my kids. I know they are not being challenged. I am so upset, I can't sleep. I pray and not many answers are coming as fast as I need them too. I have always failed miserably in the patience department. I am at a loss. How do you score perfect scores across several areas in the Basic Skills Tests and think they are being challenged and that it is appropriate? If kids naturally lean towards adults because their thinking more clearly models adults rather than their age group, why is this shunned? Why can't everyone just be allowed to learn at their own pace??? I almost gave up on learning in school because by 1st grade, they had almost completely stunted my love of learning. Sit down, no we have to wait for all the other kids. I was so bored, I stopped learning anything. I am limited by income. Maybe not if I had been allowed to learn as I could when I was younger. Why are people always stifled if they don't fit "the mold"? Why is there a mold? Why can kids get passed on and on and on as long as they are polite and don't cause any disruptions and are a treasure to have in class, but can't read? Why is no one interested in actually solving any problems. Oh yeah, because they need the top grades to "prove" they are teaching something. My kids teach themselves because they aren't limited at home. Sorry about my rant, to a degree. I just can't see why God made us all different and gave us different talents and blessings to use and develop but we have to squash out all things so everyone can be equals. Why can't everyone just be accepted and allow to grow into their own God-given talents and be able to see where they are led? Why do we make kids feel like freaks and like they will never fit in, just to satisfy paperwork and never let others learn how to grow so that they can fly too? Why do we shun different ways of thinking instead of seeing if it could help others? Nevermind. I am just upset, I will figure away around this, I just need to stop crying. It hurts when your kids hurt though and they don't want to go to school, because they just don't fit in. Whether it's because certain things are too hard, or too easy. I seriously think I was born in the wrong century.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




1 comments:
I am in the same boat with Sydney. I sometimes think homeschooling would benifit her more...but she would miss school so much! Good luck!
Post a Comment