Thursday, March 12, 2009

Only the closet knows....

In another life, I lived in a trailer court. It was a nice trailer as trailers go, but it was still a trailer. With it, came the normal problems. One being mice in the spring and fall. Nothing scares me more than mice. I used to set traps and fastidiously clean everything. Wanting to scream every time I heard one. I couldn't take it anymore and finally moved out until they got rid of them all. I could hear them in the closets when I tried to go to sleep at night. Creeped me out.
Fast forward many moons and yesterday I am putting things away in my bedroom and I hear a scritch, scratch, plastic moving... I stand dead still staring at my closet, thinking I am never going to be able to get my shoes out of my closet again. I yell at Sir Talks A Lot and tell him something is moving in my closet. He comes in and his eyes are drawn to the sound in the closet too. I cringe knowing I am not alone in hearing this. I call for Frosty as he hides in my closet and I hear him answer from another room and my heart sinks. I don't think I can stand another trial just yet...When slowly, slowly almost imperceptibly the closet door starts to open and I am surpised to see Puppie standing there sheepishly looking at me through his eyebrows and he says "Hi Mommy!" I almost had a heart attack. I was so relieved. My pulse was racing, heart pounding and then flooded with relief! KIDS!

4 comments:

Billy Coffey said...

Too funny!

Kim said...

Yeah for little boys instead of mice in the closet!!

Dianne said...

LOL!!

Sockrma18 said...

Little turd! ;}