Thursday, November 12, 2009

Kisses & Hugs

This I know is really random. BUT, just the thoughts running through my head this morning. We have several traditions on our family. One of which is every night after family prayer, but before bed, is everyone hugs & kisses me goodnight. I am really grateful for this.It allows me to feel and see subtle differences I may not notice regularly with the hustle and bustle of life. I was thinking about how many things I have learned through this. I can tell:
Who has raided the kitchen freezer of candy
Who broke into the bag of fritos
Who snuck a peanut butter sandwich
Who brushed their teeth
Who remembered to change their socks
.....
.....
Who is sad
Who is hurting
Who is upset with me, even if they are trying to hide it
Who is full of happiness
Who is feverish

Then I started thinking about how I use these little bits of info to offer reminders, to help them see the value in meal planning, caring for themselves, reminders of scripture study and offers to help sort things out.

I started pondering my personal prayers before I fall asleep. How individually we come before our Father and He discerns the things we need and can't verbalize yet. How He can sense the subtle differences in our hearts, minds and actions. How He uses the things we go through to tailor fit our experiences in this life to help us to attain the maximum growth. I am grateful for family prayer where we can come together as our family and ask for the things we stand in need of and giggle and roll on the floor when the giggles get too strong and start over and know He is smiling too. Even more grateful for the time I get alone with Him and can work out all that is wrong in my world and joy in the things that are right. We are so blessed to have a loving Father who carefully watches over us and is always there, waiting. Much like me, each night with open arms, a warm heart, and love that knows no bounds. ONLY A LOT SMARTER.

1 comments:

meghan said...

i love this post! ;0)