Ok, my heart is broken and I am so sad. I want to do something, but I can't. My hands are completely tied. Usually I try to find the silver lining and accentuate the positive but I am not finding much to be positive about. After we got home last night after working really hard, we were exhausted. My husband and I got everyone to bed and home and took showers and were just laying down to have prayer. My cell phone started ringing in the other room. We finished our prayer not sure if we wanted to get up and answer the phone, but we did. I am grateful. It was one of our children's cousins on their Mom in Indiana's side. To make a long story short, Lorrie was highly intoxicated and was out of control, police were called and Pickle had to have a police escort to help her get her belongings out of the house. She is staying at another house because her car has suspiciously stopped running all of the sudden and the car is located in another home to protect from further damage. The police say they have diffused the situation and it is not necessary to remove them from that home. I have a hard time accepting that. I don't think they should have to be subject to anymore. I know the Lord works in ways higher than my thoughts and I know they had to learn to stand up for themselves. I just wish it didn't hurt them so much and I just want to gather my children in my arms and hold them tight and not allow them to be hurt anymore. I know that they are strong and I have taught them to the very best of my ability to stand up for themselves and protect themselves and to always have a plan. I know the Lord protects and watches over them and that they will be safe at home soon. Lorrie called us last night and told us to shove it. We had been calling all day and had not been permitted to speak to them. I felt uneasy all evening and just wanted to check and make sure all was well, no one would answer any phones, when they got away from her. We had numerous phone calls, we finally got to bed at 3 am, I am sure we won't be allowed to speak to them again until pick up time. Now we will have to have her car hauled and pick them all up in Indiana. I am so frustrated that the wheels of justice grind so slowly and that police cannot enforce a court order that she is not allowed to drink in the presence of our children and that she should pursue treatment. The police say it is a civil matter and they can't do anything. Only Pickle can be helped to a safe place which leaves the other two with her unprotected. Please pray that they will be safe and that their hearts will be lifted. They cops called several times and told us that we had amazing, smart and capable children and that we should really be proud of how they conduct themselves. We already knew that. The cops apologized and said they were sorry they couldn't do more. Me too. Why can't parents just love their children????
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




1 comments:
You guys are in my prayers! I know that Heavenly Father has blessed those girls with parents like you. They will be fine. Hang in there!
Post a Comment