Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls


Rolls
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
4 cups flour

Filling

1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/3 cup margarine, softened

Icing
1 stick margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese (2 oz.)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

You can freeze these after baking, just microwave and reheat to desired warmth.

Dissolve yeast in warm milk in a big bowl.
Mix sugar, margarine, salt and eggs. Add flour. Mix well.
Knead dough in a large bowl, using hands dusted with flour. Put in a bowl and cover.Let rise about an hour, or until doubled.
Roll out dough, easiest on a lightly floured surface. Roll flat, 21 in long, 16 inches wide, 1/4 in thick.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
For filling, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread softened margarine and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
Start at the top and roll evenly as possible working to the bottom edge.
Cut rolled dough into 1 3/4 in slices and bake 6 at a time, evenly spaced in a lightly greased baking pan. Rolls need to rise a second time until doubled in size. (30 min)
Bake 10 min, or until light brown on top.
While rolls bake, make icing. Beat well, will be REALLY fluffy. Increase the electric mixer if you need too.
Rolls, out, cover with fluffy icing.
12 rolls. Yummy!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Those look delish. I think I'll have to try them.

Dianne said...

those sound yummy!

Sockrma18 said...

I really want to be your next door neighbor. Really. Really. :0)

Frisbies Forever said...

Come, I share treats!

the freestone6 said...

I will be trying this one for sure!