My friend on my blog roll here makes this. I haven't used it myself because we have well water, but it sounds a lot like my friend Myrna's and BONUS, you don't have to make a goopy mess, unless you want too! Much faster than my earlier posting. Shave, spin and use! Perfect.
1 bar Fels Naptha soap (found in the laundry aisle of your local grocery store)
2 cups washing soda (NOT baking soda...in a yellow box in laundry aisle)
2 cups borax (you can buy this a Walmart)
2 cups baking soda (cheapest if you buy at Walmart in the laundry aisle)
Grate soap with hand grater or use a food processor. Add other ingredients and mix well. Store in an air tight container (I use a recycled 2 1/2 quart ice cream bucket). Use 2 Tablespoons per load. Can use with either a front loader or a top loader as it is low sudsing. I have a front loader and when I was using store bought there were always suds left...even when using the he type. I don't have that problem with this...PLUS as I mentioned earlier...IT WORKS GREAT. As an added idea, try using vinegar in the rinse cycle instead of fabric softener. It works fairly well and doesn't leave a smell. I use it with towels and jeans but my whites still have static with vinegar so I use a Bounce sheet for them.
The “What You Do” List
8 years ago




2 comments:
Yeah....I can just not see me making my own laundry soap. You go girl, though!
What a great new picture you have at the top of your blog!!! Your family is so stinkin' cute. My fav? The red-head. She is ADORABLE! I always wanted a red-head! Was this taken around Easter??? Just guessing by the flowers in the background. Anyway, beautiful family you have!!!
Great family picture!
Post a Comment