Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bathtub Gardening Explained






Ok, first of all we ran out of time last night so we didn't get to do it, However we did have PlanB come up with an awesome Family Home Evening and activity. First she made dinner of beef and cheese ravioli, under the table. Yes, you read that right, under the table. Then we reached up and took turns reading scripture references that were sticky noted to the underside of the table. It was fun. Then we retired to the living room to reenact the story of the Good Samaritan Plan B style. We had only a few mishaps, but it was great. She did a fabulous job.
My friends and family gathered together last night and supported my new Pampered Chef endeavor and made it possible for me to earn an entire forged cutlery knife set! I was so excited and so humbled when I realized all that people had done for me it was so cool. I didn't think it would happen at first, but in the 11th hour it all came together. I have never had nice knives before and I am so excited, so anyone who helped me I will make you dinner one night, of course you have to eat it with us, but if you can handle that, we will make dinner and I will use my new knives. Then I get to see my friends and family. We love having people over.
Ok, so the bathtub gardening. This is my idea. This is how I come up with them. I figure out what I want to do and I contemplate what will make the least amount of clean-up and give us the most fun and best pictures. As you already know, I LOVE my camera. I want a REAL garden this year. But, somethings are already supposed to be growing. We still have several inches of snow. So, we will germinate them ourselves. I got some little pots, and some seeds and potting soil. We will plant them over the tub, taking turns so we can wash away all our mess ups and hopefully not too many seeds, or we might have interesting issues in our septic tank! Anyway, then we will take them to the basement and put on top of our water heater because that will be a constant 85 degrees and will allow them to germinate well and when they sprout, we will move them to the dining room and move our table so they get the most sunshine until the weather becomes spring and catches up to the calender and we can plant there. Does that make sense? Anyone with any experience in this area or ideas, let me know. I have lots of ideas, but not a lot of experience. Could be interesting. That combination usually ends up making for strange developments for my family, but it always works out.

1 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

So which one is Plan B? I checked the nicknames and couldn't find it. Just can't keep up with the nicknames! I think the gardening sounds great. I am gardening challenged, so I'm completely clueless as to whether or not it would work. Hope it does!