Friday, March 21, 2008

Husband Survey




What is your husband's name? Brad Frisbie. A children's Easter book we got has both our middle names together, on the same page. I thought that was cute.
How long have you been together? We met in 2003? I can't quite remember. We started dating Nov 1, 2003 and we were engaged March 6, 2004 and married March 13, 2004. Nothing short of a whirlwind romance, sweep you off your feet and deposit you gently in my arms.
Who said I love you first? Brad did in my stairwell, I was scared to say it first. He wasn't. He was so without fear. I really admired that.
Who is smarter? Depends on who you ask. I think we are both pretty smart. He has common sense. What a rare commodity these days. You know, Chris Yount once told me, I don't care what you have to do, but install common sense in your kids. He couldn't tell me how to, but it left it right there. I will never forget it and as my kids get older, I see now what he meant. How important it is.
Who does the housework? The kids and I. He has enough to do. I already know how to clean a house and now is the best time for them to learn, while we can still help them and fix things. It is imperative to listen and follow directions, we don't like to do things twice, huh? : )
Who sleeps on the right? I sleep on the right and Frosty sleeps on my right. Yes, Puppie can sleep in his own bed and prefers that. Not Frosty. He believes it is his bed. What funny kids.
Who cooks? I do most of the cooking with kids learning here and there. Brad does most of the grilling and specialty items that he really likes. Warning!!! Do not let him make soup, if all are getting over the flu and stir-fry veggies are in the freezer.
Who drives when you are together? We split it. Brad likes to drive, so I let him unless I am feeling especially nervous. I like to drive too.
Who is more stubborn? Tough call, I don't know the answer to that one.
Who kissed who first? I have never offered up the first kiss, in my eyes it is a part of the dating dance to see how and where it will come about. I was not disappointed. Explosions in color and sound. Oh the story you will have to hear sometime. The things he can plan. He is amazing.
Who asked out who first? I knew he liked me, I was tired of dating. I wasn't going to date anymore. But, something drew me to him anyway. Then I thought he was never going to ask me out. He did and we spent the next 24 hours in the most romantic, climactic and incredible date to ever grace the planet.
Who proposed? He did. He kidnapped me at my home and drove me across state lines and introduced me briefly to his family. Petitioned a hitch hiker to take pictures and took me to the place I had wanted to go to for 12 yrs. It was amazing! I have NEVER seen such a display of emotion, humility and outpouring of love. We have an incredible story. I have never seen a man so eager to be married and willing to do whatever it takes to happen. No matter the hoops thrown our way.
Who has more siblings? I think we have the same number.
Who wears the pants? We both wear pants. I myself am not very inclined to see those furry legs graced by a skirt. We will leave that to his twin brother and his tu-tu. (I love you, Brian!)
We make decisions together and if not, we solve the problem it creates together. We are both pretty laid back by nature, but can become cantankerous if nothing is getting done. I would say I guess that I organize it and guide it through and he leads it. Does that make sense? In our world it does, but to outsiders looking in, it may not. I guess it only matters that it works for us. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love how romantic,caring,funny,and generous he is. Not to mention the talents he blesses us with. He is also very forgiving. That is an added bonus. I make lots of mistakes. We try though and get back up and try again.

1 comments:

Piepee said...

Yes I recall Dan helping to make your dinner for your first date. I'm so glad you found happiness!