Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pickle is 18!




Happy Birthday to our oldest and wisest and whom we rely on a lot. She is different kind of kid. She chooses very carefully how to spend her time and efforts and I couldn't be more proud of her and her decisions that she makes. She is incredibly creative and talented and just the most incredible soul. Even her poetry in the midst of all her other talents, speaks directly to your soul. She is spiritually minded and knows where she is going and what life she would like to lead. She plans, prepares and succeeds. It is the hardest thing to think of her moving on someday and having a family of her own, but I know no matter where her life takes her she will be thoughtful, careful and always looking out for everyone else. Even when we clash head to head as is bound to happen as you grow up, I am humbled by her willingness to understand others views and go forward with faith. I will miss her so much as her time will be eaten up in college and other pursuits, but I am grateful for the knowledge I have of her goodness, her ability to make good choices and her relationship with others. I can not wait for her to be able to drive away from me. I will probably cry as I missed her first steps, but I am grateful to see up close the beautiful, wonderful, thoughtful, caring woman she has become and see her rise up to the challenge of leading and directing her own life. (Just don't forget to call me. Even if it's from the basement!) We all love you!

3 comments:

Piepee said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! I'm sorry we could not chat long the other day. You have grown into quite a young woman. We are proud of you. Good Luck in all you do we are so glad we had the opportunity to watch you grow. We love You!

Sir Talksalot said...

Can you delate my blog, it's not on my account, it's on yours. I'm going to make one on mine. Thanks.

La Familia Mata said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Nicole! I can't even believe that everyone is getting so old. I can't even imagine my Malia leaving for college! Time flies I'm sure!