Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Your Mommy goes to College, YEP!


So, yes, I passed my entrance exams and have been accepted into the Nursing Program. I am excited. I was really afraid being 20 yrs out almost that I would have to take lots of refresher courses but alas, no. I am ready to start. Yippee! No surprise to anyone but me, I did really well on English, Reading, Writing and yes, even Math. So I get to skip several classes. It was so stressful, I didn't know how hard it would be and made it much bigger in my head. Then again, when you have been told for so many years you can't, and the realize, I can! Wow! What a feeling! I have wanted to do this forever. I have the best husband that is so supportive in letting me fill this dream and enhance my skills. It will be a long process as I am going to do it all. I want to have the ability to teach on a college level as well. I know I can do this with my families support. So wish me luck. This will be years. Possibly getting to finish at UNI. We all already have the sweatshirts, we might as well go there, but then Northwestern is a possibility as well. We will see. I have a couple years before I get to my Master's however. Wherever the Lord directs, we will go. When I am done, then my husband will. The people I should be able to find to do Pampered Chef Shows too! I will have the most awesome kitchen when I get done with this process. I am excited. Especially since my husband keeps making it better all the time. What a life! This is a picture from when I first wanted to attend college. A few years have passed.

5 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

Oh the talent! I refer to you test taking skills, but also your ability to make faces! Congrats and best of luck!

Jolley's said...

Good luck to you. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I am grateful to have the best of both worlds. Staying home lots with the kids but also having a nursing degree helps in all situations. I have lots of books you can borrow that I bought at a nursing book store in Chicago. Call anytime for help - I always said I would help anyone I could since I know how hard it was.

Mom of 5 Gents said...

Congratulations! I wish you all the best on this new adventure! When will you begin?

Dianne said...

I'm proud of you for doing something that is risky and will have it's challenges! I know you will do FANTASTIC!

Piepee said...

Congratulations! And your right it's been along time since Brett turned one! I know you will do fantastic!