Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My husband is amazing, but gets incredibly dirty....

Ok, life is a little less than predictable when your husband does construction for a living, was an auto- mechanic in a previous life and everything in between even an air traffic controller for a while. He truly is a jack of all trades. This makes for a LOT of calls and pleas for help everyday of the week. I am noticing an increase of frequency taking place on the sabbath, (this could account for his refusal to take money on this day) jk, anyway, his Sunday white shirts were starting to look like all of his work clothes. So we started thinking. ( I know, it always gets me in trouble, but this one ends up, ok. Stay with me.)
Shout costs $3-$4 for a little trigger spray. That to me is appalling when I know how hard my husband works for an hour and how sometimes when things do not go as planned he makes less than $3 an hour because he sticks to his word, even to his detriment. (I love that though. Not many like him left anymore. So glad I found him!)
Anyway, I am so easily distracted these days!
Pre-Wash Laundry Spray (This works!)
Equal parts dishsoap and white vinegar. Pour in a bottle with a trigger.
Shake, Shoot.
How easy is that?
You can make it even easier by loading up two trigger bottles and lining up your kids whites and husband's all over the laundry room and having a shootout with both hands, or better yet, fill the kids hands up with bottles and let them shoot all collars and cuffs and smudges. If it doesn't come out the first run, do it again. Much cheaper than oxy clean too. I love that stuff too, but haven't yet figured out how to make it homemade.
This works just as well as shout. Much cheaper. No brainer. If you need the label,
SAVE the bottle.
It's just that easy. Just another way for me to try to economize, so I can stay home with my kids. That is my joy.
So if it blesses you great! If it gives you another idea, SHARE!
I love to learn and do not have the corner market on this. I am learning just as much as everyone else.
We are beginning a new adventure of sorts these last couple of weeks. We are homeschooling a couple of kids this year. So far, so good. Literacy has been raised, vocabulary has been expanded and acrimonious words have been deleted. I am excited. Math is coming along. The wheels turn slowly sometimes, but as long as they are turning, I am a happy Mommy. Wish us luck! I got a lot more completed on my cookbook. It is amazing what you can get done when the internet is down for a week. I am excited. I can't decide how to make it pretty however. Pictures are EXPENSIVE, but I want it to look nice if I put in this much effort for all of my favorite recipes, that I have accumulated. Most I don't even know who to give proper credit to as I have long since forgotten who wrote it or shared, or where I saw it and adapted.
Such a pain, so I think so I offend no one in particular, I will offend all in one fail swoop and not even try. Just know if a recipe seems familiar, maybe I got it from you and loved it enough to include in our family's favorites! Because if it made it to the book over half had to agree, which is a pretty big number in our family and you have a right to be honored, even if I have a leaky brain.

3 comments:

The Hanselmann Family said...

Don't worry about getting the right names on the recipes. I always do something a little different so that makes it mine. If people get offended over that then they need more to do in their lives!! I am going to try that stain fighter. I didn't know you were homeschooling. I have been thinking about it with Nathan. What do you use for learning to read ages?

Krista said...

You are amazing !!!!Your whole family is always willing to help where they can! Just by reading your blog you help me. Thanks!

Filmmer on Location said...

Hey I used this idea with all these whites these three kids get stained and dirty. Just to let you know, if you use Colgate on permanent marker it comes right off of the walls, crib, marble floor, and clothes. I found that out the hard way. Last night.