Saturday, January 23, 2010

Chapter 15 Epilouge

Oh, how my life has changed!
In one year we doubled my family size. I was single, 3 girls and 1 boy. Then suddenly, someone REALLY wanted to get to earth, the famous Frosty showed up immediately and we had 6 girls, 2 boys and a husband.
A year or so after that, we were able to be sealed for time and all eternity in the Nauvoo Temple. It was AMAZING. I have never giggled so much or felt so bursting. Knowing we had done things the right way and were ready and prepared. There are LOTS of stories I could tell about that day, but I don't want to diminish the sacredness of it in this forum. I'm not sure I could adequately express it anyway.
We went to court a couple times and finally we were so very blessed to have our 3 oldest girls move in with us. Truly become part of us.
A couple years later we added another son. And a couple years later we suffered the ultimate sacrifice as we offered our son that we wanted to bring to our family, but whose life was cut too short. We, however, will never forget and will acknowledge his memory always. Our little Bryson.
We had some struggles as we learned each others rules and expectations but we found a lot more love. Our family is not perfect, but we know it was blessed and brought together by God and that every day we can grow tighter and build those ties that bind.
All of us have found and forged an immediate bond that we cling too.
It is hard when people try to separate us.
Whose kids are whose? Oh, that's your stepbrother? No, our steps live in the basement.
Which kids did you give birth to? Who cares? We are a family now.
But your not their REAL Mother? No, I am their REAL Mother. I am the only Mother they have really ever had.

I PROMISE, just as much blood, sweat and tears have gone into each child. I just missed the first part of some of their lives but I have reaped much more than their first steps.


I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father brought me to this place in my life. I have never had so much love, hurt, anger, faith, growth and did I mention love? I have learned so much over the years and as we have struggled and striven. This life is truly an amazing gift and I testify, with my entire heart that when you truly allow to yourself to let go and hearken to the whisperings of the Spirit and act on every thing He reveals, you will find so much more joy than you ever thought possible. He is real. He does live. He does answer prayers, He will guide your life...only if you allow it. He is my Savior, my exemplar and King. Most of all, My Father. I have witnessed the many miracles in His hands in my life as my family has been molded, refined and blessed. I will never be able to fully express my gratitude, but I can share with all of you and let you see our strange ramblings, twists and turns and allow you to share the bliss, the ups and downs and hopefully share the desire that will allow you to not be afraid, but step boldly into the light, His grace, His love and give you the courage to make and keep all covenants with Him. I promise, it will become a ride you NEVER forget.
Brad and I don't have as many romantic miracles open up anymore. That's only right. We have a deeper, richer and full life that seeks for each other's happiness more than our own. We are discovering True Love, that lasts and is built on a million memories and acceptance.
Our lives are filled with responsibility, children, work and callings. We still have the spark of love and the desire to be together and most of all, the desire to kneel at His feet and know of the will of God for us and try to be obedient.
I think that's why we are blessed. Even though we don't always do it perfectly, our desire is to do so and He knows our hearts and continues to bless us.
If you take nothing else from the silly love story and vignettes from my life, take this.
Be obedient to what you know is right.
You will always be blessed. More than your ability to receive.
~Lorianne

1 comments:

Sockrma18 said...

"Be obedient to what you know is right. You will always be blessed more than your ability to receive."

I love it. I love you! What an awesome story and what an amazing testament to the will of God and how if we just let Him have our lives, it will be better than we ever dreamed possible. THe hurt and yuck never stop...we just get through it so much better with Him leading the way.

THANK YOU for sharing your love story....a story that is never ending and will never end.

You rock, L. :0)