Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mommy's Thoughts

Don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go do that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.

I have been thinking a lot about this quote.
I have a couple of kids in college and two closing fast on joining them. There are all kinds of things thrown at kids in High School. Voices trumpeting to them, "DO this! This is the right path! NOT that!"

Everyone has an opinion.

I believe however that you should plot your own course. Those tests and guides they have are just that. Guides. You need to find what you are passionate about. Healthcare is what I am passionate about, but it grew steadily out of focus as my children came into my family.
This is my biggest passion. I love every moment almost. The ones I don't love so much have helped me grow. Thus have been gathered in as treasured memories to be visited only to check and see how far I have come.

I am NOT a fan of by the 8th grade plotting out what they will be for the rest of your life. Heck, you don't even know what you will LOOK like by that age as an adult much less what makes you tick. Some seem to know from birth what they want from life.
Everyone else, glory in your experiences, find what excites you. Leap to it and fly.

Keep prayers close in your heart. He will guide you. You will find JOY. Maybe not every second, but Joy nonetheless.
I have decided to re-vamp my life. I have been on a quest to improve myself.
Spiritually to nourish my soul.
Knowledge to feed my head and passions.
I have discovered a piece I was missing.
I love to learn, but it wasn't enough. I wanted something more.
Funny thing is, it's easier than the others actually.
I needed to move more and train my body. I am not perfect and I know I have to work on my all or nothing approach to life, but I feel so much more invigorated now.
Am I seeing big differences yet? No, but in my head I am.
I am finding something else to become passionate about.
I have always loved lifting weights but cut that short when I hurt my shoulders years ago. I am not sure why I gave up. Stresses combined and I just let go. And go.
Well no more. I am going to feed my passions and work towards helping others achieve theirs.
I have discovered I love the burn in my muscles. I love the ache to remind me all day I took care of me.
I am finding I care less and less about the negativity I hear about me.
I Love this!
I can blow the stresses out the window. Clear my head and feel more able to carry the loads I bear.
As I ponder in my heart and study out what is most important to me and what do I really want to do? I issue you the same challenge. Find out what is really important to you, sweep away the expectations and what are you left with? What is your fire and burn?
RUN with it!